Hezbollah Leader Loses Son, Abbas Mohammad Raad
Mohammad Raad, the chairman of the Hezbollah faction in the Lebanese Parliament, expressed his first public reaction to the death of his son, Saraj Raad. In a poignant statement, he shared his grief and surprising anger, not at the attackers, but because his son preceded him in achieving what he referred to as “the death of the martyrs.”
Video – Hezbollah Parliamentarian Response to Death of Son
In the video the Hezbollah parliament member says that he shares his grief and anger, not at the attackers, but that his son preceded him in achieving “the death of the martyrs.”
Details of the Attack
Lebanese media reported that Saraj Raad (Abbas Mohammad Raad) was killed in an Israeli strike in the village of Beit Yahoun, located in southern Lebanon. Saraj, recognized as a prominent figure due to his father’s political status, was labeled in reports as an active participant in Hezbollah operations. This incident marks a significant escalation in the conflict, highlighting the direct impact on families of prominent political and military figures.
GRAPHIC WARNING October 7th Raw Video Footage
Following the incident, Hezbollah terrorist group issued an official statement, confirming the death of Saraj, described as a “Jihad fighter,” along with four other operatives in the organization. This event increases the total number of declared Hezbollah casualties to 84 since the onset of the latest round of conflict. Lebanese journalists close to Hezbollah further emphasized the seriousness of the situation, reporting additional losses of five Hezbollah operatives in the same strike. The organization’s response and the increasing death toll underscore the deepening crisis in the region.
IDF Response Attacks on Hezbollah Since October 7th
Since October 7, 2023, there have been significant clashes along the Israel-Lebanon border, primarily involving Hezbollah and the Israel Defense Forces (IDF). These incidents are part of the larger Hezbollah-Israel conflict, which escalated notably following a Hamas attack on Israel on October 7. Here is a summary of some of the key incidents and IDF retaliations:
- Initial Escalation and IDF Retaliation (October 8, 2023): Hezbollah fired rockets and artillery shells at Israeli positions in the Shebaa Farms area. Israel responded with drone strikes and artillery shells targeting Hezbollah positions near Lebanon’s boundary with the Israeli-occupied Golan Heights.
- Subsequent Exchanges of Fire (October 9, 2023): After several Palestinian militants infiltrated the Israeli border, Israel conducted a series of airstrikes on Southern Lebanon near Marwahin, Ayta ash Shab, and Dhayra.
- Exchange of Fire and Retaliatory Strikes (October 10, 2023): Hezbollah fired a salvo of rockets into Israel and an anti-tank guided missile at an Israeli military vehicle in the Avivim area, prompting a retaliatory Israeli helicopter strike.
- Continued Hostilities (October 11, 2023): Hezbollah fired anti-tank missiles at an Israeli military position, leading to IDF shelling the area where the attack was launched.
- Israeli Casualties and IDF Response (October 12, 2023): The Israeli Defence Ministry reported an Israeli soldier killed and another injured by a Hezbollah anti-tank missile.
- Hezbollah’s Rocket Attacks and IDF Airstrikes (October 18, 2023): Hezbollah launched rockets at northern Israeli cities, causing civilian injuries. In response, Israel conducted airstrikes on Hezbollah positions.
- Drone and Missile Exchanges (October 21, 2023): After Hezbollah fired rockets from Lebanon toward Shebaa Farms, the IDF conducted a drone strike on the militants responsible.
- Escalation of Missile Exchanges (October 22, 2023): Following an anti-tank guided missile attack by Hezbollah toward Kiryat Shmona, the IDF conducted further airstrikes against missile and rocket teams.
- Ongoing Clashes (Various Dates in October 2023): There were multiple instances where Hezbollah attacked IDF positions, and the IDF responded with attacks on Hezbollah sites, including the use of phosphorus bombs and artillery fire.
The situation remains volatile, with ongoing hostilities and exchanges of fire between Hezbollah and the IDF, causing casualties on both sides and among civilians. The IDF’s responses have included a range of military tactics, including artillery fire, airstrikes, drone strikes, and targeted attacks on Hezbollah operatives and infrastructure.